During 2016, over 1,900 individuals attended a Stewards of Children™ training in Wisconsin. Awareness to Action supports the program by supplying the participant workbooks, which comes to an expense of $25,242.
Pre- and post-data was gathered before and after the trainings. As a result of attending a Stewards of Children™:
- Thirty-eight percent more participants agreed with the statement, "Approximately 40% of sexual abusers are older or larger youth," which meant a total of 94% of participants agreed with this factual statement at the conclusion of the training.
- Ninety-three percent of participants agreed with the statement, "I believe that fewer children would be sexually abused if adults made more conscious choices about the situations in which children are placed," an increase from the pre-data of 44%.
- Twenty-five percent of participants increased their confidence regarding, "I believe that I know what to do if a child reports sexual abuse to me," resulting in 99% of participants agreeing with the statement.
Follow-up surveys, sent six months after the training, showed the following actions by participants:
- Fifty-fivepercent of participants talked with a child or teen about sexual boundaries and how to keep them protected.
- Sixty-three percent of attendees made sure that multiple adults were present at an activity that involved children.
- Sixty-sevent percent of participants made it clear to a child that saying "No" to an adult is an appropriate response.
To schedule a training for your organization or community, contact Awareness to Action.