The Centers for Disease Control publication, "Preventing Child Sexual Abuse Within Youth-Serving Organizations" contains information on policies and procedures to protect children. It outlines six key components:
- Screening and selecting employees and volunteers.
- Guidelines on interactions between individuals.
- Monitoring behavior.
- Ensuring a safe environment.
- Responding to inappropriate behavior, breaches in policy and allegations of child sexual abuse.
- Training about child sexual abuse.
You can obtain a copy of "Preventing Child Sexual Abuse Within Youth-Serving Organizations" free of cost from the CDC.