Prevention in Youth Serving Organizations
It is vital that organizations create a culture where child sexual abuse is discussed, addressed, and prevented. If your organization has youth participants, at some point a sex offender will want to work for you.
Some organizations feel they lack the money, time, personnel, and expertise to create a comprehensive child sexual abuse prevention plan. The fact is many strategies cost little or nothing to implement. Committed adults understand the need to protect the children you serve. Awareness to Action is dedicated to helping organizations and communities protect children from sexual abuse by creating safe environments for children. This support can be provided at no cost to the organization.
Preventing Child Sexual Abuse in Organizations: Policy and Procedure Training
To support communities and organizations, we have created a training and technical assistance program for organizations the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s guide Preventing Child Sexual Abuse Within Youth-serving Organizations . Over the course of 6 months, participating organizations will receive in depth training and support to implement prevention strategies to protect the children in their programs. Throughout the training you will hear from experts in the field of child sexual abuse and organizations who have taken steps to enhance their ability to protect children in their programs.
Participation in this training includes:
- An initial 3 hour training to learn the 6 Core Components developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to protect children through sound policies and procedures.
- A structured action planning phase to develop concrete next steps based off of each Core Component
- Technical assistance and support from Awareness to Action staff, including follow-up meetings 3 and 6 months after the initial training
- Formation of a community of practice with other organizations embarking on prevention policy work
- Access to additional training, including Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children®
Request a training in your community
For more information, please email A2A@chw.org.
Learn more about the 6 Core Components: